Most importantly, you won't lose your continuity of supply. Ofgem will appoint a supplier to take over, and you'll be moved across to a standard tariff. You can switch away without exit fees if the price isn't good enough, so make sure you do a comparison. The only risk is that if you're in credit with the now-bust supplier, you might not get your money back.
Articles in this section
- What does monthly variable direct debit mean?
- When's the next Big Switch Event?
- Do your figures include VAT?
- Why has my direct debit increased after my switch?
- I've an issue with my supplier - how do I raise this?
- Where can I find or submit energy supplier feedback?
- What happens if my energy company goes bust?
- I use heating oil - how can I save?
- Is Utility Warehouse any good?
- Essentials, Warm Assist, Spreading Warmth, Fresh Start and Energy Assist